Gentle and Effective Dentistry from Fort Collins, Colorado’s Most Recommended Family Dentist
Compassionate General Dentistry with Beautiful Results
Whether your dental needs are a complete exam and cleaning, a full-mouth restoration, or anything in between, we promise to provide you with exceptional care as we enhance the natural beauty of your smile. We give Fort Collins residents a range of different opportunities to clean, straighten, whiten and restore their teeth.
Our services are given with a keen eye and gentle touch, producing stunning results every time. Your smile is our first priority, and our amazing dental teams give you something to smile about.
Our Comprehensive Dental Services Help Keep Your Mouth Healthy and Your Breath Fresh
To keep a healthy mouth and bright smile, you need proper regular cleanings from a qualified and experienced dentist. We take extra measures to ensure that your oral health is as healthy as it can be. At Foothills Family Dental, it’s no secret that we treat our patients like family, we take the extra time to effectively communicate with each and every patient. Our team understands that no two mouths are alike which is why we like to talk in-depth with all our patients to discuss their oral health, any treatments needed and preventative maintenance plans to keep their teeth healthy.
Our main focus is a proactive and preventative dentistry approach — we like to stop the problems before they start. A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit.
At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will perform the following:
- Examination of Diagnostic X-Rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-Rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of Tooth Decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are usually performed by our Registered Dental Hygienists.
Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
We Take Preventative Measures to Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
At Foothills Family Dental, we take a comprehensive approach to your oral health with an emphasis on prevention and maintenance. Our preventive program is a cooperative effort by the patient, dentist, and dental staff to preserve the natural dentition and supporting structures by preventing the onset, progress, and recurrence of dental diseases and conditions.
Preventing dental disease starts at home with good oral hygiene and a balanced diet. It is continued in the dental office by the efforts of your dentist and dental hygienist to promote, restore, and maintain your oral health.
Prevention also includes regular dental exams, cleanings, and x-rays. Sealants and fluoride are also great preventive treatments that help protect the teeth. Lastly, prevention also helps avoid serious and costly dental problems and is the key to having a healthy, confident, beautiful smile.
We Utilize the Latest Technology to Accurately Diagnose and Treat Oral Issues
The team at Foothills Family Dental is proud to introduce the Dexis CariVu, a revolutionary instrument changing the way we view teeth and treat restorations. The CariVu is a radiation-free digital imaging tool with trans-illumination. This exciting new technology shines a bright light through the tooth allowing us to see through the tooth and take very detailed images of the problem area. The CariVu is especially helpful in diagnosing and treating cavities between teeth, but is also used at specific times during the restoration process to allow us to see any other suspicious areas that may need our attention before we complete the procedure. While the CariVu does not fully replace traditional dental imaging, it is an amazing new tool that allows us to provide the most comprehensive dental service in Fort Collins, CO.Disclaimer: The DEXIS™ CariVu™ is a diagnostic aid for the detection of open or incipient caries lesions above the gingiva and for monitoring the progress of such lesions. Indications for use for CariVu are detection of smooth surface caries, occlusal caries, proximal caries, initial caries, secondary caries, and cracks. DEXIS CariVu utilizes near infrared transillumination and uses non-ionizing radiation. Visit DEXIS.com/ifu for indications for use.
To schedule a dental exam and cleaning or for more information on our general dentistry services, contact Foothills Family Dental today.