Reliable Sleep Apnea Appliances In Windsor CO
Get A Good Night's Sleep With Sleep Apnea Appliances From Foothills Family Dental!
A good night's sleep isn't a luxury, it's a necessity. If you are unable to sleep well, it impacts every aspect of your life, leading to higher rates of depression, heart disease, and countless other potentially deadly health problems. It is thus critical to address any source of lost sleep, and few sources are more severe than sleep apnea.
By preventing you from breathing while you sleep, sleep apnea directly threatens your heart and respiratory system while causing all the ordinary problems of sleep loss. Foothills Family Dental offers comprehensive sleep apnea treatments in Fort Collins, Colorado.
There are two main causes for Respiratory Interruptions:
- Obstructive Apnea: The most common cause of sleep apnea, this occurs when your body tries to breathe but something blocks the air flow. This problem is relatively easy to deal with.
- Central Apnea: Less common and even more serious than obstructive apnea, this condition happens when your brain does not send the necessary signals to your respiratory system. Your body thus forgets to breathe and may go for extended periods without taking in oxygen.
Foothills Family Dental is committed to treating sleep apnea for all patients. By assessing the specific form of the disorder you have and coming up with a comprehensive treatment plan, we minimize the risks and restore rest to your life.
Sleep Apnea Appliances & Solutions For Windsor Residents
- Dental Devices: A common cure for obstructive sleep apnea, these keep your airways open as you sleep.
- Surgical Solutions: We can refer you to surgical care, in which your tongue will be moved away from your lower jaw, reducing a common source of obstructive apnea.
- Lifestyle Advice: Tobacco use, excessive alcohol consumption, drug use, and other lifestyle factors affect the likelihood and severity of sleep apnea. We advise you on what behaviors to avoid or minimize.