Experienced Pediatric Dentist Serving Eaton CO
Choose Foothills Family Dental For ALL Your Pediatric Dentist Needs!
Whether your dental needs are complex, simple, or anywhere in-between - we promise to provide you with exceptional care to enhance your smile! Operating in both our South Location and Old Town locations, we give Fort Collins residents a range of different opportunities to clean, straighten, whiten and restore their teeth.
We offer top-of-the-line sedation dentistry services for anyone who wants to be calm and relaxed for the duration of their dentist visit. Contact us before your visit to let us know if you're interested in sedation dentistry for your next visit.
As a family-oriented practice, we believe in teaching proper oral hygiene skills from the moment your child can hold a toothbrush. Learning how to properly care for his or her teeth early can help ensure lifelong oral health for your child. From teaching children about how their diet affects their teeth to protecting their teeth by applying sealants, our pediatric dental services help young patients learn the right way to maintain a healthy smile as they transition from baby teeth to permanent teeth.
Emergency Dentist Services for Eaton CO Residents
Don't wait, get the dental care you need ASAP!
Given how delicate your teeth are and how heavily you rely on them, responding properly to dental emergencies is critical. The sooner you obtain the emergency services you need, the easier it is to save your teeth and avoid further complications. Foothills Family Dental is committed to solving dental emergencies as soon as necessary to protect your teeth and preserve your smile.
How to respond if you've lost a tooth
Having a tooth knocked out of your mouth is one of the most severe and shocking dental emergencies. If you experience this, the following steps will raise your chances of a full recovery:
- Pick up the tooth by the crown. Do not touch its roots, as this can damage them and prevent it from being reattached.
- Rinse the tooth gently with whole milk or your saliva. Do not scrub it or apply soap.
- Place the tooth back in its socket, and then bite on gauze or a wet bag of tea to keep it in place. If it won't fit back in, put it in a container surrounded by whole milk or saliva.
- Get to the dentist as quickly as possible.
General, Family & Pediatric Dentistry Services
To keep a healthy mouth and bright smile, you need proper regular cleanings from a qualified and experienced dentist. We take extra measures to ensure that your oral health is as healthy as it can be. At Foothills Family Dental, it's no secret that we treat our patients like family, we take the extra time to effectively communicate with each and every patient. Our team understands that no two mouths are alike which is why we like to talk in-depth with all our patients to discuss their oral health, any treatments needed and preventative maintenance plans to keep their teeth healthy.
At Foothills Family Dental, we take a comprehensive approach to your oral health with an emphasis on prevention and maintenance. Our preventive program is a cooperative effort by the patient, dentist, and dental staff to preserve the natural dentition and supporting structures by preventing the onset, progress, and recurrence of dental diseases and conditions.
Through one-on-one consultations and in-depth treatment explanations, our patients are able to better understand the condition of their smiles and select dental care that contributes to their long-term oral health.
At regular check ups, your dentist & hygienist will perform the following:
- Examination of Diagnostic X-Rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-Rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of Tooth Decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.